Learning to monitor keywords ranking in search engine can often seem a bit overwhelming and even confusing. The good news is that numerous SEO tools can help you with keyword rank tracking. In fact, you will find a list of SEO ranking tracking tools, both free and paid, available for use by both SEO professionals as well as newbie webmasters. If you are not sure, which tools are best to help with monitoring keyword rankings? Below, we cover some of the best tools to help you check keyword rankings in search engine. We even cover a few tools that go beyond basic keyword tracking.
- SERP Checker – A free, simple tool, SERP Checker is definitely worth checking out. With this keyword tracking tool, you can quickly check the search results for the keywords you specify. You can even check your competitor’s domains to find out how others are ranking for the keywords you want to target. Since this tool is also Web-based, you do not have to worry about downloading it or installing any software, which also means that you can use it from any device while on the go.
- Moz -This professional SEO tool is quite handy for allowing you to see how the keywords for your website rank. You can also run a comparison to view how you rank in comparison to competitors. Moz is a web based application that also contains a number of other features, including the website audit, competitor analysis, backlink analysis and other.
- Ahrefs – While Ahrefs is marketed for SEO professionals, the simple layout makes it fairly easy to use. One of the best features of this tool is that it shows how well your website ranks on several search engines, not just Google. For instance, it will show also performance for Yahoo and Bing searches. In addition, Ahrefs will show how your website ranking has changed. This tool is also great for helping you identify keywords that can be used for optimizing your website, via a keyword suggestion tool.
- Semrush – As a complete keyword checking solution, Semrush has a lot going for it. Simply enter your website URL, and this tool will generate a list of the keywords for which your site is currently ranking. Click on one of the keywords to view keyword competition and a variety of other details. Keep in mind that this is a professional software tool, but you do get a 14-day trial to determine whether you like it.
- SE Ranking – With this keyword rank checker tool, you gain far more than just the ability to check keyword ranking. The features in this tool are extensive. If you’re the type of person who revels in vast amounts of data, this tool will certainly satisfy you by providing such information as a backlink analysis. You can even generate customized reports. It also contains a lead generation tool, competitive analysis, and technical audits.
Not sure which SEO keyword tracking tool might be right for you? Given the number of tools available, it can be a challenge. Begin by considering what data is most important and then consider which tools will provide everything you need. Remember that many keyword tracking tools will provide you with basic information, but there are also many other tools that will provide you with more extensive information, such as competitor tracking.